A plant watering solution (For IBG Research)
May 2018 - Feb 2019
- 100% Functional product design
- Learn how to transform ideas into a FUNCTIONAL prototype
- Design for Manufacturing, Assembly, Performance and Aesthetics
- ENJOY the training, NOT endure as is the case with most programs
- Learn by DOING approach, followed in every section
- Learn how to handle big projects through efficient and organized workflows which get the job done quickly!
- Use our years of experience in functional product design to come up to speed
Portable foot operated washer (For Laemorian)
June 2017 - Dec 2017
- 100% Functional product design.
- Designing and prototyping a compact and portable foot operated washing machine.
- Aimed at rural and expat population so the primary goal was to make it solely manual, compact and portable.
- User cranks the paddle with his foot which rotates the drum inside
- RPM is improved by utilizing a 1:50 gearbox and a one-way freewheeling bearing.
- The plastic parts had to molded hence all the considerations had to be made in modeling to minimize any rework and manufacturing defects.
For drone camera
- Design of a camera gimbal which stabilizes the camera on a drone.
- It had to be mass produced so considerations had to be made for the part to be injection moldable.
- The assembly involved housing two motors inside the gimbal arms which orients them.
- Motors are screw mounted for which provisions had to be made on arms.
- Design also involved modeling the housing for the camera and supporting accessories.
- Connecting wires run along the inside of arms.
Zero gravity ergonomic recliner
May 2016 - Dec 2016
- Project involved designing and prototyping a zero gravity recliner.
- The recliner must have had functionality of reclining to any position, tilt, and rock.
- Along with these three functions, the user had to be able to perform hamstring stretch and quadriceps stretch on it.
- The tilt was provided using a ring gear and pinion driven by a motor.
- Tilt and rock were provided using an existing mechanism because of
- Functionality to perform stretches were provided by using a lever operated recliner mechanism on independent linkages for each leg.
- The design involved selecting appropriate ring gear/pinion system
and frame design using welded joints.
Camping Ice box
A portable camping ice box
Mar 2015 - May 2015
- The project involved conceptualizing and designing a portable
ice box for camping purposes.
- The design had to be manufacturing ready and all the plastic parts had to be injection molded.
- The insulation was achieved by a foam sheet sandwiched between two plastic walls.
- Special considerations had to be made regarding the manufacturing tolerances as all the parts had to fit as expected.
- Parts were held together by employing snap features and screw bosses as well.
- All the considerations had to be made about the injection molding.
A Semi automatic grinding machine
Nov 2016 - Mar 2017
- Semi Automatic Saw Grinding machine developed from scratch.
- It involved sketching the concept and conceptualizing, selection of pneumatic cylinders, control valves, air handling unit and other connecting elements.
- The frame involves welded joints and component connections use
- The operator presses a button to open the grippers which close once the blade is placed, after which the grinding cycle starts.
- The cylinders move forward with motors, coolant spray starts, grinding wheels move up to a set distance, then move back to start position.
- The whole unit is controlled by a PLC.
A Semi-Automated closet for convenience
Feb 2015 - May 2015
- The project involved designing a semi-automated closet which will save a lot of space compared to a conventional closet and improve comfort and convenience for its user.
- The design has two sets of vertical rows of shelves which increase the storage capacity to almost 4 times.
- It also allows for the height to be over 10 feet tall which increases the capacity.
- A dual through shaft motor drives the chains using a shaft and flexible couplings.
- The design had chain slack adjusters which compensate of chain extension over time.
- Necessary fits and tolerances had to be provided for manufacturing.
Paddy Husking machine
Mechanical design of a paddy husking device
May 2014 - June 2014
- The project involved designing a paddy husking device
- Is had to be an assembly design so tolerances had to be precise
- It involved a functional gear assembly design along with the supporting frame and surrounding parts
- Individual parts were designed and standard machine element could be imported from the tool box
- The paddy is dropped from the top into the hopper and two rollers husk the grains
- Processed grains fall into the bottom and collected
Modelling a manlift
A detailed CAD model of a man-lift for visualization
Jan 2015 - Fab 2015
- The project involved making a precise model of a specified man-lift which had to be 3D printed for display purposes.
- The scaled down dimensions had to be precise so that it represents
the replica of the actual machine.
- CAD modeling involved making each part separately which will be 3D printed so the machine can be assembled later.
- The model had to be detailed enough so it can be exploded to show the inside design as well.
- The Arms must had to be modeled so it moves a expected.
BLDC Motor Assembly
A Detailed CAD assembly of BLDC Motor
Jan 2014 - Fab 2014
- The project involved modelling an assembly of BLDC hub motor
- The dimensions had to be precise and the gear train had to mesh and work perfectly
- Exploded views had to be created and inner views and section views had to be created to show the insides of motor
- BOM and illustrations had to be included to explain the functionality
- Proportions, sizes and parts had to be precise so the CAD model represents the actual product