Value based Pricing
- 100% trackable hours, with time stamp and screenshots, which are included in the bills sent.
- 100% value based pricing, i.e. Pay for what is worth something to you
- Only genuine and justifiable hours spent are billable, not all hours
- Free consultation, nothing is charged for time spend in meeting, communication, traveling, any skill that should be learned etc.
- We ensure that the bill is justified and the output matches with the money paid!
- Everyone can have an idea but not everyone has the skills or the resources to transform it into prototype.
- With our years of experience in product design we can not only bring your idea to sketch but also convert it into a perfectly functioning prototype on a budget.
- With the prototype in hand, you can get the necessary reviews and predict if it will be salable in the market.
- In the pricing sustainable for both sides, we convert your ideas into functioning prototypes.
CAD for Manufacturing
- Making a 3D model for visualization is one thing and converting it into a precise MANUFACTURABLE blueprint for shop floor and entirely another.
- A manufacturing blueprint not only has the precise orthographic and isometric views but also section views which details what lies inside.
- It has precise dimensions represented as per international standards.
- Without the correct Fits and Tolerances information on every dimension, the components can not fit together
- Datum features must be indicated for every part to fix it on the machine
- Proper surface finish symbols, weld symbols, hole callouts and other manufacturing instructions must be given for proper manufacturing.
- We make sure that not only the CAD model is precise but it is also diligently translated into drawings as per international standards.
- Before spending your precious resources on engineering research, optimizing product, making it functional, it is always a good practice to get a real life render of the product and get valuable feedback from clients, investors, team mates etc.
- After a photo realistic render is approved by the concerned people, it’s a good idea to start spending time and resources to bring the the product to life.
- After some through rough sketching and valuable feedback, a photo realistic render is produced which is sent for approval.
- A final version is produced when the product is optimized and prototyped.
- We generally use Keyshot, Solidworks Visualize and Photoview 360 to generate the renders.
- All you have to provide is a rough idea or sketch or some reference image which you like.
- Generating a precise CAD or rendering of the product is not enough to manufacture it.
- For manufacturing we must clearly communicate the intended design to the shop floor or a manufacturing facility.
- 2D Orthographic, 3D isometric, Section views, detailed view are needed so the production facility can understand the design properly
- Necessary dimensions, tolerances, fits, datum, hole information must be indicated as per international standard.
- Accurate bill of material (BOM) must be supplied along with the drawings to estimate precisely the production cost.
- Exploded view, section view, model brake views show the product detail and help the production unit to understand the design.
- Production drawing/document is like an engineering contract that must be sent to the manufacturing department using which they manufacture and must be precise since any miscommunication can lead to huge financial and time loss.
- Creating a 3D model/visualization is not sufficient for economical mass production, the design must be refined from every corner so maximize the performance and minimizing material and costing.
- After and initial 3D layout of the CAD, the product body is optimized for best performance from least amount of material using FEA
- Numerous stress simulations are done to ensure that the product perform under harsh physical environments or at least the application for which it is designed.
- Static, dynamic, impact, fatigue, thermal and creep tests are done to ensure that the design perform under all probable service conditions.
- Performance is maximized and the material used is minimized for mass production.
Concept to Production
- It’s usually a 10 point formula which begins from sketching rough concepts and ends at the final manufacturing drawings.
- Sketching: Rough concepts are generated from an idea and are sent for approval of the client. This step converts a rough idea into something that can be seen and processed.
- Lifelike Rendering: In this step a real life rendering is generated based on the selected concept which gives a precise idea as to how the product will look like after manufacturing. Necessary feedback can be taken form all stake holders.
- Feasibility study: In this step, research is carried out to predict if the product specifications can be met with the available technology in market. If off-the-shelf standard components aren’t available, it must be designed which requires extra time.
- Component selection: Based on the feasibility study, standard components are selected to achieve the required design objectives. It is best if the 3D CAD data is available for it, if not, it must be generated.
- Rough 3D CAD Mockup: Based on the component CAD data, a rough 3D CAD layout is developed which helps in rearranging the components to achieve the desired form factor of product. It also shows if design can be produced in the shape and size imagined.
- CAD/Design Optimization: The rough 3D CAD layout is not enough to get the manufacturing drawings, it must be optimized for performance and costing. This stage involved running the FEA simulations based on the design objectives to achieve the best performance in the least cost.
- Manufacturing Drawings: Form the precise 3D CAD of the product, necessary data must be translated to the shop floor, which communicates the design effectively. The necessary 2D/3D views, dimensions, BOM, annotations are included that effectively communicated the design.
- Product Video: The product video shows an animation which demonstrates the product functionality to the clients or stake holders. Assembly, disassembly and exploded views can also be included which showcases the internal features.
- Photo-realistic renders: At last a virtual photo-shoot is done and lifelike images are generated which help in visualization of the product before manufacturing (which involves a huge cost). Necessary feedback can be obtained and minor changes can be done at this stage.
- Benefit form our years of experience in translating rough ideas into functional prototypes.