Learn Solidworks ASAP by converting some Consumer Products from Sketch to manufacturing blueprints!
Solidworks UI, Intro, Customization, Basics, Sketching, Solid modelling, Rendering, Drawings, sheet metal, weldments, Surfacing Intro, Simulation Intro
100% Learn by Building approach
Don't just do a Course, do a Project to learn something!
- Finish a big and exciting project and learn the skills to do so, on the way
- Don’t just learn a skill, Put it to use, so it is worth something to you!
- By the end of the course/project, you not only have some kickass skills, but also have something that shows that you do.
- Something which 99% among us don’t have, is a portfolio!
- Free live Q&A, doubt sessions on WhatsApp/Skype with every course
- Focus on Functional product design, not just for visualization
- Design for: Manufacturing-Assembly-Performance as the core criteria
- The course is designed to be Enjoyed, not Endured, 100% Learn by Building approach
- The courses is a combination of engineering theory, software and shop floor experience that we have
- Designed to be in Visual, mind-maps format which allows you to interrelate various concepts, not just in bits and pieces here and there.
- By the end of this course you not only will have learned the relevant modules, but you will have several portfolio items to show in your CV
What is Different?
What you will Learn
- Solidworks User Interface
- Customizing the interface for speed and comfort
- Changing settings for best system performance
- Sketching basics, shortcuts, best practices
- Sketch entities: Line, points, ellipse, polygon, slot, circle, arcs, splines etc.
- Sketch modification: cut, copy, paste, move, rotate, mirror, pattern, trim etc.
- Sketching best practices, tips, tricks, rapid sketching etc.
- Creating solids: Extrusion, Revolve, Sweep, Loft etc.
- Modifying models: Pattern, mirror, copy, move etc
- Adding supporting features: Rib, draft, shell, fillet, chamfer, wrap etc.
- Creating reference entities: Planes, axis, point, coordinate axis etc.
- Working with 3D models quickly, Instant 3D functionality etc.
- Rendering introduction, tips, tricks best practices
- Producing quick renders, materials, scenes, techniques etc.
- Generating quick dimensional drawings, smart dimensions etc.
- Orthographic views, isometric views, custom views
- Annotations in drawings, layers, exploded views, section views etc.
- Generating a single multi-page PDF for product documentation.
- Weldments: (welded structures), 3D Sketching
- Creating and modifying 3D space frames quickly for machines
- Creating chassis for automobiles, machines etc.
- Sheet metal: Creating constant thickness parts quickly
- Creating CPU housing, patterns, cuts, bends, jogs, flares, joints etc.
- Flattening the sheet metal part and generating drawings/patterns
- Surfacing Intro: Creating surfaces, extrusions, revolves, sweeps, boundry etc.
- Creating consumer products with surfacing
- Freeform surfacing, trimming,creating solids out of final surfaces etc.
- Simulation Intro: FEA overview
- Creating static/dynamic deformations studies
- Running product optimization study, loads, restraints, joints, meshing
- Impact tests, buckling test, fatigue test, generating reports
- Tips, tricks, techniques and best practices
What you could design in this course
Difficulty level (out of 100)
Free live Q&A, doubt sessions on Whatsapp/Skype with every course
- Those who want to get to speed as fast as possible and tinker on their own
- Someone who has some prior experience in any of the CAD software
- They may have it as a prerequisite in a job application, an assignment they need to finish, a project they need to do in it, or an enthusiast
- Students starting out on their own
Who should take it?
- Those who have sufficient time are advised to try: Beginners>Intermediate>Advanced>Expert courses
- Those who have some time to learn and want to be a marathoner with really firm footing
- Not recommended for absolute beginners to 3D software, but fast learners can try!
- People who have some time to invest and want to become experts with very strong footing
- Those who want to become professionals one day should take the full suite (Be>In>Ad>Ex)