Steering, Radiator, Engine, Differential (Steering wheel, links, Engine block and headers, Differential gear train)
Solidworks surfacing, sheet metal, routing, Advanced rendering, Advanced drawing, Fastening features, Animations, Exp. view, Autotrace etc.
SW Advanced 60%
100% Learn by Building approach
Don't just do a Course, do a Project to learn something!
- Finish a big and exciting project and learn the skills to do so, on the way
- Don’t just learn a skill, Put it to use, so it is worth something to you!
- By the end of the course/project, you not only have some kickass skills, but also have something that shows that you do.
- Something which 99% among us don’t have, is a portfolio!
- Free live Q&A, doubt sessions on WhatsApp/Skype with every course
- Focus on Functional product design, not just for visualization
- Design for: Manufacturing-Assembly-Performance as the core criteria
- The course is designed to be Enjoyed, not Endured, 100% Learn by Building approach
- The courses is a combination of engineering theory, software and shop floor experience that we have
- Designed to be in Visual, mind-maps format which allows you to interrelate various concepts, not just in bits and pieces here and there.
- By the end of this course you not only will have learned the relevant modules, but you will have several portfolio items to show in your CV
What is Different?
What you will Learn
- Surfacing: Creating surfaces, extrusions, revolves, sweeps, boundary etc.
- Creating consumer products with surfacing
- Freeform surfacing, trimming,creating solids out of final surfaces etc.
- Converting surface models to solid models, and generating drawings
- Sheet metal: Creating constant thickness parts quickly
- Sheet metal design methods
- Creating CPU housing, patterns, cuts, bends, jogs, flares, joints etc.
- Tab and slot, edge flange, mitre flange,swept flange, hems, bends etc.
- Bend allowances, K-factor, corner trims, reliefs
- Converting solids to sheet metal and vice versa, sheet metal forming
- Flattening the sheet metal part and generating drawings/patterns
- Solidworks Routing: Quickly generating routed features like pipes, wires, harnesses, tuning, ducts etc.
- Auto routing for quick routing, routing methods
- Creating custom routs, components, connections, routing wizard etc.
- Managing routing assemblies, adding components to library etc.
- Advanced rendering, setting custom scenes, cameras, lights, materials etc.
- Modifying scenes, environment, materials, properties etc.
- Advanced drawings: Generating BOM, Cut lists, Hole table etc.
- Exploded views, section view, model break view, broken out section, auxiliary view, crop view, hiding bodies, adding multiple models.
- Surface finish, weld symbols, datum feature, tolerance boxes etc.
- Creating a single multi-page drawing document.
- Fastening features: Screw bosses, pin boss, lip and groove, snap featues etc.
- Solidworks Animation Intro
- Auto trace for creating sketches form pictures.
- Tips, tricks, techniques and best practices
- Solidworks Beginner course compulsory, or someone who knows the basics
- Solidworks Intermediate preferred but not compulsory
- Latest Solidworks software installed and running
- Must have their own laptop/PC
- Keen interest to learn the skill
What you could design in this course
Difficulty level (out of 100)
Free live Q&A, doubt sessions on Whatsapp/Skype with every course
- Someone who knows the basics and want to improve the skills
- Product design students, professionals, enthusiasts, makers who want to make functional product design
- Those who are interested in machine design, automotive design, consumer product design etc.
- Those who want to be able to create manufacturable designs and blueprints
Who should take it?
- Those who want to learn basics should try the Beginner and Intermediate course first
- Those how want to create NON functional and highly organic models for visualization purpose only