Chassis and Suspension ( Tubing frame, Axial and lateral members, Suspension arms, upright, Creating assembly)
Advanced solid modelling, Sculpting, Boolean operations, 3D sketching, Weldments, Sheet metal, Mass and section properties etc.
SW Intermediate 35%
100% Learn by Building approach
Don't just do a Course, do a Project to learn something!
- Finish a big and exciting project and learn the skills to do so, on the way
- Don’t just learn a skill, Put it to use, so it is worth something to you!
- By the end of the course/project, you not only have some kickass skills, but also have something that shows that you do.
- Something which 99% among us don’t have, is a portfolio!
- Free live Q&A, doubt sessions on WhatsApp/Skype with every course
- Focus on Functional product design, not just for visualization
- Design for: Manufacturing-Assembly-Performance as the core criteria
- The course is designed to be Enjoyed, not Endured, 100% Learn by Building approach
- The courses is a combination of engineering theory, software and shop floor experience that we have
- Designed to be in Visual, mind-maps format which allows you to interrelate various concepts, not just in bits and pieces here and there.
- By the end of this course you not only will have learned the relevant modules, but you will have several portfolio items to show in your CV
What is Different?
What you will Learn
- 3D sketching, creating 3D sketch frames etc.
- Advanced solid modelling: Freeform modelling
- Creating freeform, Deform and Indents
- Fill patterns, sketch and table driven patterns, fill and variable patterns
- Boolean operations, add, subtract, common, split, move, copy bodies
- Hole wizard, producing standard size holes quickly
- Suppress, Rollback, hide, isolate bodies
- Using configurations to create multiple models in one documents
- Using curves for advanced modelling
- Multi-body design in part documents, hiding and isolating bodies for easy access in complex parts
- Weldments: (welded structures), 3D Sketching
- Flex and wrap features for producing organic models
- Creating and modifying 3D space frames quickly for machines
- Creating chassis for automobiles, machines etc.
- Finding mass and section properties, volume, enclosed box, finding mass
- A lot more in the relevant sections
- Tips, tricks, techniques and best practices
- Solidworks Beginner course or:
- Well versed in Solidworks basics, solid modeling basics, rendering, drawings.
- Latest Solidworks software installed and running
- Must have their own laptop/PC
- Keen interest to learn the skill
What you could design in this course
Difficulty level (out of 100)
Free live Q&A, doubt sessions on Whatsapp/Skype with every course
- Students who have taken the Beginners course, or someone who knows Solidworks basics well.
- Product design students, enthusiasts, makers who want to make functional product design
- Those who are interested in machine design, automotive design, consumer product design etc.
- Those who want to be able to create manufacturable designs and blueprints
- Solidworks beginner course covers the, advanced organic solid modelling, welded structures, sheet metal modelling, free form modelling
Who should take it?
- Those who do not know the basics very well should take the Beginners course first
- Those how want to create NON functional and highly organic models for visualization purpose only
- Those who are already confident that they can model organics solid modelling, sheet metal and welded structures properly